Sunday, January 20, 2013

Sweet relief.

Y'ALL.

So I visited University of North Texas this weekend and absolutely loved it. I feel like it is where I am supposed to go. AHHHH IT IS SO EXCITING. The campus was beautiful, the people were really friendly, and seriously just being in their rec center just makes me want to work out. So for the next few paragraphs, I'm going to ramble about the campus.

We visited one of the freshman dorms, Kerr, and for a freshman dorm, it was actually pretty nice. One thing I have not wanted in a dorm was community bathrooms. EW. In Kerr, you share a bathroom with the room next to you, not the whole hall. So, I liked that! The closets were a good size and I like the dining hall. 

One thing I am really excited about is a program that they talked about during the tour. I have been struggling with deciding a major, or even a direction for that matter, but when they talked about this it sounded like something I would be interested in. It's called communication design and it has a 100% job rate after graduation at UNT. It's basically like graphic design, advertising, and marketing combined. The program is really competitive and you have to make a portfolio to be accepted. It's pretty intense, but you only regret the things you didn't try!

Like I mentioned earlier, their rec center was amazing. The lower level has step machines, treadmills, bicycle machines, pools, and a rock wall and the top level is a track. It was so nice and made you want to work out. The union was also another cool place. It was bustling with people, and their was a live band just playing in the middle of the day! It was great. I love the whole downtown, coffee shop, live music scene in Denton. It's basically like a mini Austin.

NOW I'M SUPER PUMPED TO GO.
I'M SO TIRED OF HIGHSCHOOL.
IS IT AUGUST YET. 


No comments:

Post a Comment